Sunday, October 1, 2023

Fall Colors in Salida - Sunday

On Sunday we drove back along US 50 and continued on to Gunnison. It is fun to see all of these places in Colorado that are new to us. It was a cute little college town.

We drove from Gunnison to Leadville and from there home and enjoyed conference along the way.

We did get stuck in traffic, but if you read my other post "An Amazing Answer to Prayer", you know the traffic on I-70 was crazy slow.

Once we got through the Eisenhower tunnel, we opted to pay $9 to take the HOV lane. That saved us a lot of time. The traffic app WAZE showed an accident on the on-ramp to I-25 (the quickest way home), so after a bit of rerouting, we finally made it around the accident and back to I-25 and arrived home around 5:30 pm.

Good weekend! Gotta love a Sunday where you can listen to conference and see fall color too.