While Chris was in Australia, I drove to Colorado Springs to work with Jennifer Baker, our designer, on making a few more selections.
The traffic was bad from the moment I got on the freeway around 8 am. There was an accident about five miles ahead on the freeway. That slowed me down by a half hour. Good thing I had left a half hour early.
As I got closer to Denver, the morning rush slowed me down some more. I would hate to have to drive through this stuff everyday!
I probably could have made it to my first appointment without having to stop and find a restroom, but with the two slowdowns, I knew I would have to stop. I found a random nail salon that was open as the Target I was hoping to stop at was closed for construction!
Even with the slow downs and the pit stop, I was only a couple of minutes late arriving at Arlun Flooring.
I worked with Jennifer and Heather in finalizing the hardwood, looking at kitchen backsplash, choosing carpet, and selecting the grout colors for the bathrooms. Jennifer and I spent about two hours there and then had to be at our next appointment at Ornamental Man to pick out wrought iron railing.
Cabinet colors, hardwood, and carpet samples. You can't really tell a lot of variation in the carpet, but they are all different colors.
Ornamental Man has a very basic website with just a few pictures. He could improve that a lot. So, we had to go in person. We will do a horizontal railing for the deck and an vertical railing for the interior. I found this picture of the styling for the railing that Chris and I both like (from another railing website!).
After a fairly short meeting with the railing guy, Jennifer and I drove back toward Denver for our final appointment of the day with the Jeff, the lighting guy, at Urban Lights Denver.
We got a lot accomplished; it helped that I had spent hours going through ideas and making some pre-selections. We are still looking for a light to go over our stairway, still looking at ideas for kitchen island pendants, and maybe a few ceiling fans.
I had asked all three girls earlier in the week for their opinion on a bathroom vanity light. They all picked the same fixture.
Sadly, I left Urban Lights right at 5 pm and got stuck in the downtown Denver traffic again!
