Friday, August 16, 2024

Amy to Colorado

Amy flew to Colorado on Thursday evening for the Pikes Peak Regional Air Show in Colorado Springs on Saturday.

Misha picked her up at the airport and they enjoyed time together before joining Chris and me in the Springs.

They started with dinner at Old Chicago with pizza.


On Friday morning, the girls enjoyed brunch on campus where Misha also got to show Amy around her work a bit.

There might have been a little ear piercing involved later in the day. Amy actually pierced Misha's lobes with a second piercing. Ugh. I don't think I would enjoy doing that. Right up there with the feeling of roots breaking when you pull out teeth!

Amy and Misha drove to Colorado Springs after a dinner of leftovers at Misha's place. Chris had fallen asleep early since he was on East Coast time. I tried to stay awake for them, but they made a stop at Target. So by the time they "pounded" on the hotel room door, I had been asleep for half an hour.

They got settled and turned lights out, and I was suddenly wide awake. That little bit of sleep was enough to keep me awake until 1 am! Ugh!