Monday, August 19, 2024

Kristen's Mission Email - Week 9

HELLO PEOPLE!! 

This week I will have completed my first full transfer in the field. As always, it's wild how fast it's flown. 

Here's the weekly rundown! 
  • Transfer news!! (I'm going back to my OG assignment) 
  • Trio exchanges 
  • Singing at the retirement home 
  • Jessica's baptism! 
This week was somehow the least eventful week thus far but I will try my hardest to make it so incredibly riveting for your reading pleasure! 

I am going back to my original assignment in Covina with Sister Pennington for the next transfer (Walnut Creek Ward), and so we will be moving all our stuff back to our original pad...again. Regardless, I'm so grateful for the time I got to spend being companions with Sister Whitlock. We are two peas in a pod, and she's headed to the other side of the mission. 

Unfortunately that means we'll probably have to bet on seeing each other in the small world of Utah. I'll miss the two weeks we had together. And I'll also miss having a couch in my pad. But in-house laundry is back baby oh yeah!!! 

We did exchanges this week with some of the sisters in Glendora and La Verne because Sis Whitlock is an STL (sister training leader). This meant we went with an hermana and one of my favorite sisters and fellow trainee, Sis Shrader. We giggle a lot when we're together. 


And I led my area for the first time! I was so nervous because that meant planning and leading and guiding the other two missionaries all day but I survived nonetheless. I'm a big girl missionary now! 

I got to sing at the retirement center we serve at which was so fun for me. However, Sis Whitlock, who played the piano, got bumped off the piano bench by the activities director who loved the limelight. Let me tell you, getting applauded by four 90 year olds will boost your ego like none other. I guess it's good practice for when I'll perform at zone conference.😭 

I told Sis Pennington I would do it if I stayed another transfer (this was a while back when I thought there was no way I'd stay for another transfer😐) 

Remember Jessica from way back when? We taught her my very first day and she threw some crazy lore our way Day 1. But despite it all, she got baptized!! Since we handed her over to the YSA sisters to complete her teaching, we didn't plan it or anything, but we got to be there to support her. It was awesome and I like to think I did something to help her come closer to her Savior. 


Her testimony is beautiful and it was cool to watch it grow and progress! 

Spiritual thought this week.... my companions and I did a "Holy hour", where we studied what it means to be holy. It was super powerful because I discovered being Holy is possible for each and every one of us and we all, as children of God, have a degree of that in us. We can grow that by turning our will to God's and becoming new creatures in Christ. As we do so, we become holier, and equally happier. 

I love you all and am thankful you stick around to read. Until next week🤩 

Love you much, 
Sister Kline