You know what time it is? It's transfer news time!! My visa is still not here, and so I am going to be in Arcadia for another transfer! And I am going to UPLAND with SISTER GOSS!! I don't know anything about her other than she's a sweetheart and it's her last transfer!
Here's the weekly rundown:
- Exchanges with Sis Shrader and Hermana Rigby
- JASON!!
- Math for a service project😵💫
We went into the YSA area as a trio for exchanges this week and it was so much fun! If you didn't know, Sister Shrader is literally my favorite human, all we do is giggle and I love her so much. Unfortunately, she's going home this transfer, but we had a great time and kind of a last hurrah by getting marriage advice from her bishop, trying mochinut, eating Costco pizza, and making friends!
I also LOVED getting to know Hermana Rigby better, she is so precious and such a good missionary.
We made a new friend this week named Jason who was previously taught a few years ago. Sister Pennington felt like we should go visit him and right as I raised my fist to knock on his door, he walked out to mow his lawn. Talk about God's timing!
He was down to meet again later this week, and when we went back, we got to answer lots of his questions and he was so open. He asked us, "So, what do we do next?" and my heart was so happy. Pray for Jason!!
Remember when we did like 8 hours of service organizing and moving stuff in one of our member's yards a while back? Well, she took us to lunch this week and asked us if we'd go back to her house to help her untangle her 300 ft. measuring tape. Of course we said yes, but then we ended up measuring her very large yard for concrete measurements.
I'm sorry for saying I'd never need high school math in real life because after all that, I had to take the area of her new measurements and add them all together. When she said we'd need to find the square footage, Sister Pennington gladly gave me the calculator and started untangling the measuring tape. I hope I don't get a grade because I don't think it would be passing. #sorrybea #mathisdumb #concretemeasurementsarehard
Spiritual thought!!
In the Bible Dictionary, it's notes how the word "atonement" is derived from "at one". That means when we utilize the cleansing and healing power of Christ's Atonement, we are made whole, closer to our Savior, and become more in line with God's will and plans for us. He loves you so much!!!
Have an awesome week and wish me luck with transfers!!
Love ya!