Friday, June 13, 2025

Moving Part 1

Moving is not fun. Not fun at all.

We always say that we are never moving again, yet here we are. 

We planned to move on Friday, June 13 and we had to be in Monument mid-morning to have our official hand over of the keys. I spent all week packing up the house. We had to finish up the storage room, I packed up the kitchen, pantry, bathrooms, our bedroom, our closet, and all the closets and crannies. It was non-stop with little time for rest. 




Chris took Thursday and Friday off. We went to pick up the moving truck from Ft. Lupton on Thursday around 4 pm and friends came to help load up the truck and trailers around 5 pm. 


On Friday, Chris and I were both awake around 3:30 am and decided to get up and finish loading things on the trailer. We had hoped to leave around 8:30 but didn’t actually leave until 9:30. 

Good thing we got the early start that we did. 

Chris drove the 26’ U-Haul with a trailer attached and I drove the Honda with a trailer attached. My first time driving with a trailer. Turns out leaving a little later helped us to miss the worst of morning traffic. We picked the right lane and drove about 65 mph without too much incident.