Monday, October 13, 2025

Kristen's Mission Emails - Week 68

Hey party people!! 

Transfers this week WHAT THE!! (last one best one)... anyways stay tuned for that, and pray I don't have to pack my things😭😭 it's too much stuff.

Here's my week! 
It's starting to warm up here in south Oz #nojacketnoproblems and my soul is HAPPY (Hymn 227 vibes)☀️🌞 
Music devotional 3/3 completed!! It was such a good night (minus the zoom sound being broken the whole time😭) and I'm SOOOO incredibly proud of my choir. They did so well and put in so much effort and the spirit was so strong! I love that my mission does these events and I have gotten to play such a big part in them!🗣🎻 
Felt like we were running around out of our area all week for STL stuff, but it's okay because exchange miracles are real EVERYTIME!! Modbury Zone on top🔝 
It has been a running joke that Sister Cutler has had a different malady every day of this transfer...unfortunately we joked a little too close to the sun and ended up taking her into the doctor, and back the next day for extensive testing. The bright side of it is she will get answers!! Wahoo!! (P.S. I will never be a phlebotomist)
If I had a nickel for every time I got a flat tire on exchanges, I'd have two nickels! My stomach sunk when that silly light came on, but we went and aired it up, checked for a nail, and lo and behold😭 I was very calm and collected as the vehicle coordinator insisted the zone leaders needed to help us. We said no. He called them anyways. They called us. We said we didn't need them. And hung up. And then drove to the Newton's (my favs) to ask for help hehehehe😊😻 I'll die on this hill, I KNOW HOW TO CHANGE A TIRE.....but I'm too scared to drive on a tire I'VE changed, ya know? Sorry dad 

I finally got to listen to conference yayayay! I LOVE the emphasis on our new members! The work is hastening and we have got to follow the counsel of prophets and apostles as this wave of new members continues to grow. They need "a friend, a responsibility, and nurturing by the good word of God."

I didn't realize until I was a missionary how stinking hard it is for these brave souls. They enter a world of new lifestyle, culture, vocabulary, the list goes on. It can be incredibly frustrating to feel like such an outsider, and as the person teaching some of these amazing new members, it hurts my hearts to see them sit alone in those pews. So my invite this week is don't let them!

If there's a new member in your ward, be their friend. You have no idea what it will mean to them! Nobody sits alone!

Love yall!! 
Sister Kline🤏