Sunday, October 26, 2025

Kristen's Mission Emails - Week 70

KITTENS & CHICKENS HELLOOOOOO!!! 

Yay for springtime, weirdest Halloween vibes ever, not that they really celebrate it here anyways...but at least they do stake trunk or treat, which is still weird cuz they don't call it boot or treat heheh 🥁🥁 Aussie jokes

This week was slay. Here's why:
  • We had MLC and the mission is entering her glow up era. We're striving for 50 baptisms in November and let's just say, we need miracles. And a good friend of mine once said, "Obedience brings blessings. Exact obedience brings miracles." 
  • The poor mission choir....they thought singing in Hebrew was hard enough!! But I rock up and say every song is a different language! It was an interesting practice but it'll be an unforgettable devotional! 
  • I LOVE THE FLORES FAMILY (was the falcon family until I remembered how Latino last names work....my bad) they are so golden and every time I'm with them, I'm like, how can people be this willing to live the gospel? I'M SO GRATEFUL THEY'RE IN MY LIFE. Kamila (18) said she thinks she will serve a mission. We taught Karitza the word of wisdom and she mourned coffee for about 2 seconds until our members (shoutout the Ocampos) pull out Caro, a coffee substitute famous amongst latin members. He gave it to her and said, "Un regalo!" And just like that she gave it up. I see this family in white! She's a single mum and said something very profound. "This gospel is already fulfilling the lack of a father in my children's life." ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? And pray for Kelly, she got bit by a bad spider (classic Australia) I LOVE THE FLORES FAMILY!! 
  • Ran exchanges in Playford with Sister Lazar (she used to be a nun) and we had a hoot of a time! It rained and rained and we went to visit a member and as soon as we pulled up, it rained more. I didn't wanna get out to be honest, but we did! And we asked her if she knew anyone who needs the gospel! And she said yes, go to this address, they met with missionaries in the Philippines! And I was like, what the, no one ever says yes to that! We rocked up and they weren't home, but we trust that when they are, they're getting dunked! 
  • Held a baby kitten and a baby chicken

Ok, if y'all know me, you know I'm quick to joke. But on my mission, I've really tried to choose kindness over humor. NOW WITH THAT BEING SAID, I'm still hilarious. And I also fail at prioritizing kindness 90% of the time. But I've gotten to serve around so many positive souls. And it's infectious!! I want to be like them, and more importantly, my Savior!

D&C 108:7 Therefore, strengthen your brethren in all your conversation, in all your prayers, in all your exhortations, and in all your doings. 

Positivity heals and uplifts and encourages. So, if you're like me, and you can either be funny or kind, please choose kind. There's a time for both, but kindness will never fail you.

Love you guys!! Gonna go buy some uggs today! 
Sister Kline