I had my garden in Firestone down to a science over the past twelve years.
We had a garden space built here in Monument, but I knew I would need to figure out a new plan. I spent hours on a Saturday afternoon working with CoPilot (AI) to help me come up with a plan, plan for the Monument growing season, create a soil building guide, a rotation schedule, plant and flower options for our new garden area, etc.
It was a fascinating conversation with CoPilot. I could have found out all of the information I learned in one afternoon, but it would have taken me days and hours of research.
CoPilot gets a little gung-ho, so refining and defining the area took some time. I uploaded a plan of my garden area and layout of our house.
CoPilot: "Got it—and thank you for the floor‑plan image and the orientation details. Since you’ve given me the exact location of the garden relative to the house and the true‑south orientation (165°), I can now give you a layout that’s not just “generic raised beds,” but optimized for your actual microclimate, sun angles, wind exposure, and the way your home casts shade."
This is what we came up with:
The asparagus and strawberries will be permanent in their location, but everything else will rotate on a four-year schedule. I've included the best seed varieties on this page. I will probably have the garden beds made to the size specifications.
