Thursday, February 19, 2026

Washer and Dryer

A couple in our Monument ward asked on Facebook if anyone had a washing machine/dryer to sell. After talking with Chris, we both felt impressed to offer our still working 12-year old set for free. We didn't realize that the set wasn't for them, but for someone else in the ward.

I had a bit of giver's remorse though as I began to look at a new set and realized that we could make do with our old set for a little longer and that the reviews on newer models weren't stellar.

However, I could not deny that I was feeling prompted to gift someone our old set. So, I kept researching and even asked CoPilot (AI) to help me narrow down the best option.

Chris and I settled on one LG set to buy at Home Depot, but realized that the higher model of the set at Costco would be cheaper and come with a better warranty.

So, we had our new set delivered and set up on Wednesday. The delivery guys even put the old set into Chris' trailer for transport.



The new set.

The trailer. Now that's another story. Chris bought it used last summer. The tires were in worse condition than we thought. Chris had changed out one of the tires with the spare after using the trailer to bring the new dining table home from Costco. The tire gave out just as he was driving up to the house.

When John came to pick up the washer/dryer set to take to the family we were donating anonymously too, he hooked up his van to the trailer.

We "heard" John return with the thump thump of another blown tire. Luckily, it again waited until he was just about to our house to blow. Gotta love the small miracles.

Chris has now replaced all three tires!