After our disappointing showing on Monday, our agent texted us on Tuesday afternoon that she was on her way to the house to meet another person and their agent for a showing. (I think she had turned off the alerts for us so that we wouldn't be so stressed out over more showings that didn't pan out.)
Krissy arrived at the house and met with the agent at 4:45 pm. The potential homeowner, Brian, was late and didn't arrive until after 7 pm. Krissy left around 5:30 and the other agent waited around for Brian at the house for about an hour and a half.
Brian finally arrived, and shortly after, one of his friends arrived. They all stayed until well after 8 pm.
The next morning, Krissy texted that we had an offer in our inboxes. I watched and waited and nothing showed up, so I asked, "What is the offer?" fully expecting a lowball offer.
We were all amazed when the offer came in as a FULL PRICE, CASH OFFER. Seriously?
Chris was in Chicago in a meeting via phone. He happened to notice the message exchange between Krissy and I, put himself on mute, and fell to his knees and cried.
We looked through all of the documents, noted that the guy—Brian—wanted to close November 14th. Chris and I would both be out of town then and asked if we could close before the end of the month. It took a little time for Brian to hear from his financial people to know if the money could be in his account from a trust by the end of the month.
Yes, it could.
We signed the offer. An inspection was planned for the following Wednesday.
An offer. We have an offer.




































