Hello!!
Here's what you missed on Glee...
- Zone conference!! It was sooooo good and everyone down south was there and president had a bomb training on repentance and improving our teaching (and I got a shout out in the middle of his sentence for my new hair do. Thanks Prezzy)
- We celebrated Elder Utt's birthday with a surprise district council bash
- Had a lesson with a guy who, when we asked his age, just said small boy (he looks at least 28). I joked and said he's secretly 45. He said, how did you know?😱😱 WHAT THE. I said to share the skincare routine and he said an angel changed his age to 0 decades ago.....okay!
- Exchanges w/ Sister Garrett and Sister Pratt...running it back with my baby (Sister Pratt was my first trainee)! It was fun to say the least
- Ate "balut" without throwing up!! Y'all if you knew me pre-mission, you wouldn't believe this. I wouldn't even eat onions bruh. I may have cried and gagged but I got it down which is what matters because now I'm a true PILIPINA PILIPINA🇵ðŸ‡ðŸ‡µðŸ‡
- And a very long miracle made short, some Spanish friends I taught and loved way back in Marion now live in the district where I went on exchanges in this week. We went to see them and it was a joyous reunion. They came to church the next day and were enveloped in love from their fellow Latinas in the ward. It made my missionary heart so happy when one of the daughters said, "Thank you for finding us again."
What I've been learning recently through my studies, other missionaries, family, and from my Heavenly Father is how terrible we are at gauging our own impact on people. A few weeks ago (and probably still a little still), I felt like I hadn't done anything significant on my mission. But in the last few weeks, I've recognized how false that is.
God uses us in SOOOO many ways and we rarely see the end result of that. It would probably be too long of a highlight reel to do that anyways.
But I just hope you all know what a difference your actions make.
In the words of our beloved prophet, "Think Celestial!"
Think of how many souls you will be reunited with in the next life and they'll say thank you!
Love you all, have a great week!
Sister Kline
Glee - TV show reference
PS Balut is a fertilized duck egg embryo, boiled or steamed and eaten from the shell, commonly sold as street food in the Philippines, Cambodia, and Vietnam. It is typically seasoned with salt and vinegar, and the experience involves sipping the warm broth, then peeling and eating the yolk and the partially developed chick, while the egg white is often discarded.
PPS When Chris served as a missionary in the Philippines, the missionaries in his mission were forbidden from eating Balut!