Oh hey. Just act like I didn't miss last week (I was sad then) but I'm here and happy now!! Yay!
Here's what's been going on in the Awesome Lakes!
- Saw my friends at MLC (Mission Leadership Council) yayayayay!
- Went to Time Out For Women and felt pretty old but at least I know how to store food properly
- If I had a nickel for every time I called emergency services for my friends, I'd have two nickels! Which isn't a lot. But it's weird that it happened twice! (That was a source of said sadness mentioned above but has relieved much stress since!)
- Had awesome revelation that we need to focus our finding on young single adults and subsequently found the most amazing hotspot for YSAs where we've found heaps of people!! Let's go!
- Went on exchanges with Sister Gardner and Sister Teikanoa!! We love our Playford sisters, we saw so many miracles #exchangemiraclesarereal -
- Music practice has been going soooo well, it's gonna be a slay Devotional on October 12
Anyways, so much has happened but overall, what was a bad last week was made way better this week through Jesus Christ and the missionaries I serve with.
I've been studying (unintentionally) becoming like our Maker. Many not of my faith find such a theory abhorrent and irreverent, but in my daily study of the Bible, I found these words from Paul that confirm two things.
Philippians 2:5-7
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
1. Christ saw no fault with being equal to God
2. The ultimate way to become like Him is to serve
How paradoxical is that? The clearest way to become like Almighty God is to humble ourselves in every way, to serve our neighbor AND our enemy. I haven't dove deep enough into it to give my usual essay, but maybe you can study it more in depth too!
Anyways, thought you might like that little tidbit from my studies this week.
Have a great week peeps. Til we meet.
Sister Kline