Eleven years later and I love my someone even more. He is a wonderful husband, father and friend, and I am so grateful that he chose me.
Last November, I wrote a few things about Chris and what I loved about him. Here's a few more.
1. He makes people feel welcome and included. He is known by a few as "the welcome wagon" because of his kindness and outgoing demeanor.
2. He has a very kind heart. He surprised me by picking up a book for me from a friend that he knew I wanted to read.
3. He is my tech support.
4. Man, I think he is gorgeous. I remember when we were dating and he came to my apartment to pick me up. We were going to a play and he was dressed up more than I had seen before. He looked hot! Still does.
5. He doesn't question the money I spend on our household. I value that a lot.
6. He saves me from doing extra laundry. Since he works at home, he usually wears the same outfit days in a row. Gotta love that and, really, how sweaty can you get sitting in a chair?
7. He likes to go hiking and be active.
8. He is very intelligent. He has so much information stored in his brain to be retrieved when necessary (I might call some of it useless but he hangs on to it nevertheless).
9. He loves living in the quietness of Firestone. I would have thought he would have been the downtown, penthouse condo type when I first met him, but he likes the quiet life.
10. He has great taste.
11. He maintains our vehicles religiously.
12. He is a great pretzel maker.
13. He learned to love country music.
14. He loves chocolate and wishes that I did. He had a candy stash when he was younger and maintains one still today.
15. He postponed graduation at BYU to get a full-time job so that I could stay home with Amy when she was born.
16. He loves his daughters. He doesn't know how he would cope with boys.
17. He eats whatever I cook. I know it's a recipe to keep if he tells me that he likes it.
18. He taught me how to drive a stick shift when we were first married. I think he secretly hopes to get another manual-transmission vehicle so that I won't drive it! I don't drive his car much anyway since he backs it into the garage all the time. I tried backing it in once, so proud of myself, and he redid it. Come on! One inch from the wall. You can't get much closer than that!
19. I love to hold his hand.
20. He is very forgiving and doesn't hold a grudge. He has taught me a lot in our marriage.
21. He still brings me flowers.