Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Wild Hair

When we first moved in to our current home, I created a fun design for Amy and Misha's room. I loved walking in to their room once it was all completed. The flowers were all painted by hand and they took h - o - u - r - s to paint.



Before we left on vacation, I ordered new comforters for Amy and Misha's bedroom. They had worn their previous purple comforters out and according to them it was time for a change to a more age appropriate decor. The new comforters were purple, but far more of a brilliant purple than their previous comforters. The new comforters did not match at all, and I am all about the feng shui according to Jolayne.

The girls have been sleeping in the basement for the summer and wanted to move back up to their bedroom when school started. So when we returned from vacation on Thursday, and I realized that I had basically two days to get their room redecorated, I jumped into action. Mind you, this was without Christopher's help, and I wasn't too thrilled about that prospect, but I wanted it done soon.

Amy was a great help. With some instruction, she helped tape and stayed up late painting with the roller brush. We began by painting the room a chocolate milk brown. I figure, if they are going to change their mind again, I'd rather just change the color of the stripe than repaint the whole room.



Next, we taped off the flowers border and painted them over with a primer. Sob! I was sad to obliterate all that hard work. I wish that I could have transferred them to Kristen's room (which I am now going to paint the same color of purple as Amy and Misha's bedroom used to be.)



Misha really wanted a turn "rollering".



And I am so not in love with the outcome. My first mistake was using the same purple, but I thought maybe a smaller swatch of it would match better. Nope! Double nope! So I still need to find curtains and a curtain rod and a better color of paint to match. Or maybe just make the stripe white or cream to match the molding and add a purple accent or something. I don't know. Any ideas? It is not beautiful, nor feminine.