Friday, November 21, 2008

Are You Kidding Me?

It was just one thing after another that added up to a little frustration for me. Amy had her 4th grade showcase at the school last night. She needed to be at the school at 6:15, and I had planned to leave the house at 5:45 to grab a quick fast-food dinner. We have had some challenges with the garage door this week where it will just stop working. At that point, I have to head outside to the circuit breakers and flip the switch for the garage door. Not too difficult, but it is a pain and a definite inconvenience.

So last night the garage door stopped closing two feet from the concrete. Aaaghh! Not right now. I flipped the circuit; we had a few minutes less for dinner. I drive about two miles and realize that I don't have my purse. After turning around to go back and retrieve it, and praying that the garage door will work this time, we are on our way, but we are going to have to eat fast.

I chose Burger King because Misha doesn't like the nuggets at Wendys. We've now got 15 minutes to order, eat and get Amy back to the school. One of the co-workers stands outside the front doors, smoking, and watches us as we walk in. We get up to the counter, make our decision, and no one will come to help us. Someone is working in the back, someone is working at the drive-thru (and promises to come help us in a minute), but no one is at the front counter. After a couple of minutes, the smoker dude outside comes in and asks, "Is this to stay here or to go." I respond, "Well it's to go now." We'll have to eat fast in the car.

After loading the girls back in to the van and distributing their food, we are on our way back to the school. Kristen declares, "I need to go potty." "Can you wait a couple of minutes?" She responds in the affirmative. And one minute later I hear, "I rearry peed." WHAT!!!!!

I dropped Amy and Misha off at the school giving Misha instructions to save us some seats and race home with Kristen to change her clothes--again praying that the garage door won't stop working. The entire parking lot is full at the school and I end up parking almost close enough to home that we should have just walked, but we didn't. I grab two bites of my veggie burger and we're off. The gymnasium is packed and I can only see Amy's face, but at least I can see that--I hold the camera up over my head and try to get the best shot possible. Misha then takes the camera up front to take pictures because frankly, I've had enough and am simply running on mommy auto-pilot. She takes a lot of pictures, but none of her sister. I'll post pictures later.