Monday, May 11, 2009

Field Day

Field Day at Centennial was held last Friday--the one day of the week that wasn't so wonderful. Misha, one of the few smart ones to avoid the fire truck's chilling spray, still froze. I went into the school to retrieve Misha's jacket and one of her friends tried to unzip Misha's jacket and wear it! I think the 5th grade class planned the field day activities--they had crazy activities such as ball toss while you are laying down, relay to put on wet clothes, stick your forehead to a bat and circle around it 8 times until you are drunken with dizziness, etc. I think the only two activities I watched that required any degree of skill or effort was the sac race and the tug of war. Where are the days when you had honest to goodness field day events that required skill and talent--relay race, 100 m, 200 m, 400 m races, long jump, triple jump, high jump and the like? I will weigh in and say PATHETIC!!! Our kids need more exercise in the schools!!! Enough of my soapbox.

Pictures: