I had plenty of blisters to show for my hard work and a pile of dirt across the street in the open space that is still open space.
Yep, I took pictures of my blisters last year. And yes, that's a picture of my dirt mound. All for the most supreme bloggin' effect.
So, a couple of weeks ago, Chris asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day. I replied, "Garden boxes." He looked at me as though I were crazy and said, "When am I gonna find the time?" I had pretty much reconciled myself to gardening in my spot without boxes. It was doable. Until.....ta da.....Jed W. (Thanks Jed) posted an email on the EQ list saying he had garden boxes to dispose of since they were moving. I wasn't home at the time, but Chris jumped on the opportunity and snagged me some already-built boxes. See, wishes do come true.
So here's a few pictures of my/our garden boxes as I get them ready for DIRT. From the bottom looking up. You can see the gate to the front yard that is opened and across the street to my mound of dirt. It was a LOT of work back and forth all the while hoping that HOA Nazis wouldn't see me and tell me to stop unloading my dirt in the open space
From the top looking down:
And here's my personal garden gnome putting a hex on all weeds and bugs.
I'll keep you posted on my progress--now for the dirt. But that'll have to wait until the mulch is unloaded from the trailer, the trailer's flat tire is fixed, and Chris stops fuming about the sad misfortune of the trailer puncturing a hole in the van's bumper. (Insert bad words)