This was the one and only time I caught Kristen plugging her nose the entire vacation. Apparently, Orlando doesn't smell too bad.
Riding "Spaceship Earth".
One of the unexpectedly cool rides we took was "Living with the Land" which gave us a tour of amazing greenhouses and some of the forward-thinking methods they are researching for growing food. Even my girls thought it was quite interesting. We parted ways for Kristen and I to stand in line at the "Character Spot" while the rest became super secret agents in the "Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure".
Once we met up again, we headed over to the "Test Track" and followed that with lunch. Fortunately, we all seemed to have pretty strong stomachs. I saw one girl hurling in the bathroom.
We made the mistake of riding "Mission: SPACE" again. Chris and I both felt nauseous the first time we rode it, but Amy and Misha wanted Grandma to go on it with them. This time, Chris, Grandma AND I felt nauseous following our blast into space. It didn't seem to bother our younger passengers.
We traveled back to the World Showcase since we hadn't had much time on our previous visit.
There was still so much of this park that we didn't get to see, a lot of that due in part to the downpour we experienced. The little shop across from our umbrella'd table switched from selling squirt water bottles with fans attached to $7 ponchos. They did a very brisk business. After an hour of watching people with or without ponchos and shoes racing past us, we decided to don our ponchos and join the throng. Plus, the rain began to let up to a light sprinkle.
Our final ride for the day was the popular "Soarin'" that simulated a free-flying hang glider adventure. It was very cool. As we flew over the Orange Trees of Florida, we could even smell them. It was a fun ride to end our day AND we still had our stroller.
Grandma kindly watched our girls for us while Chris and I went on a date. We ordered pizza for the girls and Grandma and were on our way. Sadly, the pizza delivery people were non-Disney employees (I'm telling you, there's something to our theory), and the pizza did not arrive for two hours!
Chris and I went to the House of Blues at Downtown Disney. Wouldn't you know, our waitress was exceptional. I changed a menu item for my order and when I got it, it tasted awful. She told me that another person had ordered the same thing previously and hadn't like it either. She kindly resubmitted my order. We saw Iron Man 2 following dinner. I was so exhausted, I'm afraid I missed some of the key moments.
Everyone was sound asleep when we arrived back at the condo.