Sunday, May 9, 2010

New Fridge

Chris and I have been considering buying a new fridge for quite awhile now. We finally found one online that we liked, but it was so new, that none of the stores had it in stock. We vacillated between should we or shouldn't we. We decided to go for it--sight unseen--when we realized we would qualify for three different rebates. It was delivered in the middle of Kristen's birthday party, of all the convenient times. Fortunately, Chris did most of the emptying of the old fridge which we had originally thought we would have recycled for additional rebates. At the last minute, though, we just couldn't justify destroying a perfectly good fridge that was worth more to us than $120 in rebates.

This new fridge has water and ice in the door. Not a big deal for most, but I have never had a fridge with such amenities. I knew it would be like bees to flowers for my children.

When I first looked at this new black, shiny fridge that we had plopped down a lot of money for, my stomach fell. It was covered in black fingerprints and the delivery guy proceeded to tell us that I would have to get used to them. It took Chris and I a couple of days to get beyond our trepidation and to like this new fridge. (Notice the fingerprints?)







The missionaries, unfortunately for them, came to dinner that night (yep it was a busy day). Chris enlisted their muscles in moving the fridge that had been in the kitchen, and subsequently moved to the garage by the delivery guys, in to the laundry room. That is, after that upright freezer had been moved out and downstairs to the store room. Not sure that the missionaries will want to come for dinner again! Anyway our refrigeration needs have been met for quite some time.

If you are in need of a self-esteem boost, come stand in front of my fridge. It makes you look as though you have lost a size or two. Love that!