Sunday, May 9, 2010

Kristen's Birthday Party

This was Kristen's year for a birthday party. Most of her friends had birthday parties as well so by the time we got to Kristen's party (which was last), the pajama party, spa party, and makeover party themes had already been used. I nixed the Halloween party idea, so we came up with a PINK Dance party. I talked to one of the girls from church who is into dance and asked if she would come and teach the girls some steps.

All of the party attendees showed up in their pink dance outfits:





and Melodi took over for some dance instruction:



The girls (including Misha, Amy and Audrey who came to help) had a lot of fun learning the Macarena, though I'm sure the younger girls could use a few more hours of instruction to get the movements down. It was pretty cute to watch.