Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve

Growing up, my family always had Chinese food on Christmas Eve. Chris and I started to observe this tradition when we were married...until we had children. Picky children. None of them liked Chinese food, so now we have Italian or Mexican. We tried going for Chinese food a time or two, but they just balked at the whole experience.



After a lovely dinner at Pinocchio's this year, we returned home to read from the Bible about Christ's birth. To be honest, our girls were really more excited to be able to open their one present. Typically it is pj's. I am noticing that this tradition is really most beneficial to Amy. As the oldest, she is ready for new pj's after outgrowing her old ones. Misha has hand-me-downs and Kristen has 2nd generation hand-me-downs. And Chris and I don't need more pjs or slippers or robe. I mean, how many can you have? So we find creative ways to give gifts on Christmas Eve.