Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Out of the Box

We received a delivery today in a lot of rather large boxes. As you can imagine my girls were excited to create and cut and color on one of the boxes. Misha, unfortunately, had homework to finish before she could join in the fun. Yet somehow we kept hearing her in the middle of all the excitement. When I told her that she needed to be working on her homework, she yelled back, "I am." Still I could hear her giving suggestions to her sisters on how to design their box. Finally Chris told her she had to come sit in his office to work on her homework. She wasn't very happy. She plopped down on a stool, hunched her shoulders, and pouted. "I was doing my homework fine in the box." I quipped, "Well, now you'll have to think outside of the box." I couldn't have planned that comment any better if I had tried.