Kristen was excited to visit with Santa at the library on Saturday. As she sat on my lap waiting her turn, I asked her, "What are you going to tell him your want for Christmas?" She started with her usual answer for the year--A Barbie Fashion Fairytale movie and doll. After she watched a few other kids talking to Santa and listening to their responses, she changed her mind. "I'm gonna tell him I want a puppy." Really. "You'd better tell him that you'd like a real puppy but since your mom won't let you have one, you'd be happy with a stuffed puppy." She laughed and decided that she couldn't really say that because everyone would laugh at her. "Well, just so you know, you aren't getting a real puppy."
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Santa at the Library
Kristen was excited to visit with Santa at the library on Saturday. As she sat on my lap waiting her turn, I asked her, "What are you going to tell him your want for Christmas?" She started with her usual answer for the year--A Barbie Fashion Fairytale movie and doll. After she watched a few other kids talking to Santa and listening to their responses, she changed her mind. "I'm gonna tell him I want a puppy." Really. "You'd better tell him that you'd like a real puppy but since your mom won't let you have one, you'd be happy with a stuffed puppy." She laughed and decided that she couldn't really say that because everyone would laugh at her. "Well, just so you know, you aren't getting a real puppy."