Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Kristen's Thoughtful Gift

A couple weeks before Christmas, I was upstairs taking a nap while Kristen entertained herself for awhile. When I woke up, she came into my room with a present that she had wrapped all by herself and tied with ribbon. She was so excited, "Mommy I made you a present and wrapped it for you." I commented that it looked wonderful and that I should take a nap more often if she was going to make me presents. She was excitedly bouncing on my bed and then jumped off to place her gift in its rightful place under the Christmas tree. She happily announced, "You're gonna love it Momma."

Fast forward to Christmas morning. We had been opening presents for awhile when Kristen remembered her gift under the tree. She went in search of her gift and then presented it to me. I pulled an end of the ribbon to release the bow and carefully unwrapped the paper. Inside was the dearest gift. She had taken a stack of pictures that we had printed off when she was the "Big Cheese" at school and created a scrapbook for me, "So you won't ever forget me Mommy." Tears filled my eyes as I read the cover of her book:

Dawe Mom

I wish joy a happy Christmas

Love
Kristen


I was overwhelmed with emotion at such a thought-filled gift from my five-year old. We hugged and when she realized I was crying, she started crying.