Monday, May 28, 2012

Canada Trip - Day 4

Sunday and rain.  It poured all day long.  A good day for staying in and for another fire.  My dad was happy to oblige.  My parents had Stake Conference which was a nationwide broadcast from Salt Lake City.  We were able to attend at my parent's building with both wards.  My dad and Chris went early to save us some comfy seats.  It was fun to see so many people that I grew up with...make that parents of my friends.  The fact that I was sitting with my parents made me recognizable as their daughter, but not sure most would have recognize me on my own.  In fact, one of my teachers had to be reminded who I was.  And then he rambled.  I'm sure my girls were getting bored.

The bonus to the meeting was that we were finished at 11:30 am.  Can't beat that!  We went home and everyone helped to get dinner ready.  My girls loved the Black Forest ham my parents cooked.  Now, if I had made it, my girls would have said something like, "It has that yucky black stuff on the outside.  We're not eating it."  Since they didn't have a lot of other choices, they ate it and they loved it.

My mom had this head band with an angel halo attached. Kristen wore it around for most of the day on Saturday and Sunday. I think she must have bequeathed it to Christopher.


We enjoyed naps in the afternoon and the girls played games.  Sadly, my mom thought she might be getting sick.  She went to bed early with a sore throat.  The rain finally stopped and we were graced with this beautiful sunset.  The sunsets don't usually disappoint in Southern Alberta.  We raced out by "the dump" to catch some pictures.  Unfortunately, not many of the roads in Stirling are paved.  The Pilot got a "leetle" bit dirty.