A couple of weeks ago as I was sitting on the bleacher's at Misha's field day, her teacher, Mrs. Spong, came and sat down beside me. She said, "I have to tell you something neat, but you can't tell Misha." For the 5th grade April homework assignment, all of the students were asked to nominate another student for "Classmate of the Year". Out of the 26 students in Misha's class, Mrs. Spong said that about 20 of them had nominated Misha. I almost started crying as I sat there on the bleachers. She is such a wonderful girl.
As I attended Misha's 5th Grade Tribute on the second to last day of school, I brought my camera and moved to stand against the wall as awards were given. Misha received a Certificate of Completion for 5th grade, an Academic Achievement award that only two others in her class attained, and the Classmate of the Year award. So proud of my Misha.
Funny note, the boy standing behind Misha in the first picture with the "fro" was named Noah. He garnered the nickname of "NoFro" once he started growing his hair. Nice kid. Funny how the name stuck.