Chris proclaimed that he was taking the girls swimming at a lake on Saturday afternoon. It was hot. It has been hot for weeks. The girls loved the idea. I did not. I am not a swimmer. I rarely make the effort to take my kids swimming unless it is to swimming lessons. Chris usually has to push, convince, make me go. And such was the case on Saturday. I went, but I did not want to. I took a book to read and watched and read from the beach.
They had a blast. It grew cloudy and windy for a bit and I thought the canopy shading me was going to take off and blow away. Just so happens that the wind made the water extra choppy and fun, similar to a wave machine at a pool. They had three inner tubes along with Kristen in a life jacket bobbing around in the water. They swam for a couple of hours and could have swam even longer, but Chris was ready to go home.