Oh, it has been so cold. I told Chris I would help him pull wire at the house on Saturday the 1st. He spent twelve hours working there. I could only handle six, but I was sooooooo cold. The temperature was in the teens.
The sad and terribly frustrating news was that our house had been robbed. The idiots got stuck in a ditch and had to use some of our deck lumber to get out. They stole a lot of the electrician's stuff, ladders, Chris' ladder and lights and wiring, nail guns. Why do some people have to be so stupid and selfish? We will have to be extra vigilant throughout the rest of this process.
Kristen and Misha did a little sledding in the back yard, but it was too cold to hang around for long, and I took them home around lunch time. I had to go buy a new ladder at Home Depot, grabbed some lunch for Chris and I at Burger King, and returned to freezing. I am so grateful for all that Chris does in making this house wonderful. There were so many things he and I would have rather been doing than pulling wire.
I returned to the property on February 3 to get a few more pictures since I was so cold on the 1st. The remainder of the windows were being installed using a lift. That lift would also be used to finish off the soffits and roof. The deck framework was up, and I was able to stand on sheeting on the deck for the first time.