My treadmill died. I am super bummed. However, it has been a fabulous piece of equipment. I purchased it from a lady in Washington state who had listed it on eBay, however, I didn't want to pay the shipping charges on a 300 lb piece of equipment. I watched as the eBay listing closed and then the next day, I sent her an email offering her an amount that I was willing to pay which included shipping.
The lady accepted my offer, and instead of paying to have the treadmill shipped, her husband drove it to our new home in Longmont from Washington. We had just moved in to the Ridge Crest neighborhood and were having a bunch of friends over for dinner when the husband arrived. It was handy to have a bunch of guys at the house to help lift the treadmill into the basement. That was in 2001.
In June of 2006, this happened:
A couple of weeks ago was such an awful week. I was using my treadmill, just cooling down, when all of a sudden one of Misha’s balls was right at my feet. I had been holding on to the bar fortunately or I might have fallen off and broken my leg. I couldn’t figure out what happened since Misha was standing at the back of the treadmill. I thought she had just thrown the ball at my feet. I had to call a treadmill repairman to come and look (a $100 charge just to show up) and come to find out, she had put the ball under the treadmill belt. The ball was just the right size to catch the belt, be drawn up to the front of the treadmill and totally ruin the circuit board. Then because of the speed and friction of the belt it was squished out through a 3/8" space at the front of the treadmill by my feet. And that’s why all of a sudden I was tripping over it. That totaled up to a $500 repair bill.
That treadmill moved from that house, to our next house in Monarch Estates, to the rental house, and finally to our home here in Pelican Shores. I love my treadmill; it has served me well.