I LOVE Christmas. So it is especially wonderful to wake up early Christmas morning and enjoy the quiet and anticipate the joy. I am grateful for my family who have become avid Christmas fans and "tradition" followers over the years. It will be fun to see which traditions they carry on in their future families.
The girls were all happy and ready to come downstairs at 7 am. And still they closed their eyes while I led them down the stairs. So much fun. They checked out their Santa gifts: an Italian leather purse for Amy, an artist desk for Misha, and a bean bag for Kristen.
Amy queried,"Why do we get up at 7 am if we don't start opening presents until 8 am?" Checking our stockings and eating breakfast does not take that long. She would love to sleep in longer.
We had a wonderful morning opening presents and enjoying Christmas as a family. The rest of the day was spent rather lazily. We had leftovers for Christmas dinner and the girls played on their new Xbox One.