Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve with Friends

When we found out that our friends the Burnhams would be smaller in numbers this Christmas, we decided to get together and have an Italian feast on Christmas Eve.  We ate gnocchi, homemade pasta, bolognese sauce, meatballs, lasagna, salad...delicious.  Followed up with a rousing game of Apples to Apples.


After the Burnham family left, we continued on with our Christmas Eve traditions of exchanging gifts.  It has been fun as the girls have gotten older to see the thought they put in to their gift giving.  I like that a tradition that started with my siblings and parents has carried on to my little family as well as contining on with my siblings each year. 

After our gift exchange, we watched Mormon Messages about the nativity.  I remember when I was a little girl listening to the Christmas Story on a record.  Most years, somebody groaned, "Do we have to listen to it?"

The fun part of the evening for my girls was carrying the presents up from the basement to place under the Christmas tree.  Ahhh, traditions--old and new.  Merry Christmas.