I must admit that when Chris goes on biking trips with friends, I do a lot of praying while he is gone. He left early Wednesday morning and was supposed to stay until Saturday morning. Sam Hendrix, who organizes the ride, rented a huge house for the group of 20+ men and boys to share. It seemed to work out pretty well, though the boys have a lot to learn about picking up after themselves still.
There were a few broken bikes before the guys even got started on their first ride. Chris had a charlie horse problem on the first day with the intense ride. No wonder since he was just recovering from a bout of food poisoning from Mexico. They rode hard over the next couple of days. Chris (along with two other guys) rented a bike in Moab to use. Apparently, that bike was superior to Chris' current bike and made the riding some much easier.
Because the bikes had to be returned before the business closed on Friday or they had to pay for another day, Chris and two others arrived back at the house earlier than the rest. I think they enjoyed some time without all the chaos of 20 others. Justin McFadden decided that he needed to leave for home that night, so Chris hopped a ride and arrived home Saturday morning at 1:30 am. I barely woke up when he arrived but was glad to have him home a little early.




