Anson Savage has been working in our yard helping us get it ready for extra mulch. He and I spent about four hours weeding a week ago and amassed a huge piles of weeds--and that was just for a small portion of the yard. Anson and Levi came last Saturday to help spread all of the mulch.
It was so wonderful to have their help. My back just doesn't appreciate all of the Saturdays of work to maintain this yard! While they were working on mulch, Kristen and I started moving rocks from an area that will have a tree planted and maybe other shrubs. Moving the rocks meant we didn't have to order any more to fill in some of the spots that looked a little thin in other areas of the yard. After a couple of hours, I asked Chris if he could spare Anson and Levin to help Kristen and I finish the pile of rocks. It would have taken hours, but those boys dug right in and we were all done within a half an hour.
Anson has been working on various projects on the main lot and down at the beach. He even came yesterday and worked in the cool and the rain.
Our neighbor, Mike DePriest, texted to Chris that Anson was a hustler. Chris mentioned that yes, Anson was a hard worker. Mike replied, "No, I mean, he runs from project to project." Pretty sure that Anson could get a job with Mike's landscape company if he wanted one.
We have some bigger landscape projects being installed by Mike's company in the next couple of weeks. It should give our yard a more finished look (though I'm sure I will always want to be adding more plants, bushes, and shrubs. Shhhhhh, don't mention it to Chris).