Monday, February 10, 2020

A Visit With the Oral Surgeon

When it comes to teeth, Kristen's mouth takes the cake. Her orthodontic work will be harder and longer than both Amy's and Misha's. After a consult with the Oral Surgeon and receiving the estimated cost for services, I gulped a little.



Besides having her four wisdom teeth removed, Kristen also had two baby teeth to be pulled (which I think the surgeon took pity on us and said he wouldn't charge us for), as well two molars that were impacted. If left, they would cause significant damage to the roots of the teeth next to them. Dr. Andrus would need to open up the gum, shave off some of her jaw bone, and attach a chain to each tooth so that the orthodontist, Dr. Lang, could then begin to pull the molars into place with her braces.


Unfortunately (or fortunately when I consider that I called in January to make an appointment for Kristen over her long weekend in February and it was available), Kristen would have to spend her February four-day weekend recuperating.