Saturday, February 15, 2020

She Got IN!

Chris walked into the kitchen Saturday morning and commented that Kevin had just told him that Jonathan had just received his acceptance to BYU. Since announcements for acceptance weren't supposed to be out until Monday, I wondered how Jonathan knew so early.

A couple of minutes later, the Facetime app on my phone rang with a call from Amy. All I could see when I answered was that Amy was crying. "Oh sweetheart, no. I'm so sorry."

She quickly interjected, "No, Mom, I got in. I got accepted." I started crying I was so excited. "REALLY!? I'm so excited for you!" Chris and Kristen were both in the kitchen with me but I still felt the need to exclaim, "SHE GOT IN!" Chris snapped a screen shot.


We talked for a little longer, alternating between tears and joyful exclamations. Kristen, as unusual as it may seem, was the only Kline who wasn't crying.

Getting accepted to BYU has been an exercise in faith and persistence for Amy. The adage, the third time's the charm seems to hold true. We are so proud of our Amy girl.