Monday, August 29, 2022

25th Anniversary - Flight to Milan

Chris and I set off on our 25th anniversary adventure with a flight to Milan. 

Our flight didn’t leave until 4:00 pm on Monday afternoon, so we had the morning to finish up packing, do laundry, and work. 

We said goodbye to Kristen as she set off for school. Updates on our phone announced thunder storms in Chicago, so we were hoping that we weren’t delayed for our flight to Milan. 

The lounge at DIA was packed when we arrive. Chris was lucky to find two chairs for us together. Since the other lounge at the airport is under construction, it really causes a lot of congestion in the one that is open. 

 Chris received an upgrade for the flight from Denver to Chicago and was served a meal during that flight, so when we arrived in Chicago with a little extra time, we stopped at the lounge so I could find something to eat. They had some delicious meatballs and salad. 

We were excited to find that we received an upgrade from economy to premium economy for our flight from Chicago to Milan. The seats were a little wider—instead of three in a row, premium economy had two seats in a row. Before we boarded, the captain made an announcement. I think this is the first time I’ve seen this happen with the captain making an announcement from the gate. 

Captain Beau Ellis said that with the storm in the area, there would be turbulence for the first 45 minutes to one hour of the flight. That's it.


With our upgrades, Chris had a middle seat and I lucked out with a window seat across the aisle. I was so tired that I mostly slept through the dinner service. I woke up a bit with the commotion of it, but since I had eaten in Chicago, I wasn’t hungry at all.

On to Milan, Italy.