Since the wedding at the Bountiful temple wasn’t until 1 pm, Chris and I had a quiet morning. We had breakfast at the hotel and then worked on finalizing some plans for our anniversary trip at the end of the month.
We made a quick stop at a Kohls in Bountiful and then arrived at the temple around 12:45 for the sealing. Fortunately we didn’t have to wait too long. All of my siblings were at the sealing; it was great to see everybody.
After the ceremony, we hung out at the temple for a couple of hours for pictures. It was pretty hot so we were happy to hang out in the shade.
There was a luncheon at a church building about 15 minutes from the temple where we met for a family luncheon at 3:30. Amy and her new guy, Derek, arrived a little late due to traffic but were able to join us for the lunch.
This was our first time meeting Derek and both he and Amy were nervous. Apparently meeting the parents is scary. Chris and I were on our best behavior…
Seriously though, we both thought Derek was a great guy.
Amy and Derek had plans for the evening and Chris and I headed back to the hotel. We found an early showing of the movie “Where the Crawdads Sing”. It was a great movie. I hadn’t read the book or knew anything of the plot of the story. Chris and I both enjoyed it.
Just as the movie started a neighbor texted asking if our power was out as well. I replied that I was in Utah and would ask Misha. Yes, ours was out as well.
The power finally came back on as the movie ended, unfortunately it set off all of the fire alarms in the house. Chris was on the phone with Misha trying to help her figure out how to turn the alarms off, but had little luck.
Misha finally had to start unplugging and removing the batteries in the alarms until she finally found the alarm that was causing the problem. Whew. After an hour, silence.
Apparently a huge bull snake got into the transformer across the street from our neighborhood and shorted the transformer. It affected about 900 homes. Bad snake!