Chris and I attended our ward party on Saturday night. Admittedly, they are not nearly so much fun as when our girls were younger.
We sat at a table and had friends who planned to join us. Before they could, another couple sat down and the husband is not one of my favorite people. Ah well.
Their ears perked and questions were in full force when they heard Chris mention to one of the members of the bishopric that we were moving. There are some people that I just don't need up in my business.
The sadder news?
I woke up Sunday morning not feeling so great. I was "sleeping" (or not since that's what I do these days) in the basement where I could watch tv in the middle of the night and not wake Chris up.
I started realizing that my stomach was nauseous, my head really hurt, and I felt awful.
I texted Chris: "I don’t feel good. Head hurts, nauseous. I just ate something and I’m hoping it will stay down."
I proceeded to feel worse as the day progressed. BUT...I was grateful for the people in my home who checked on me regularly and made sure I had what I needed. I love their kind hearts.
Chris texted me from church: "Tons of people missing. Bishopric member too. Wonder if sick. First four rows completely empty. And more."