Sunday, January 5, 2025

Kristen's Mission Email - Week 29

Hi people!! Happy 2025! I was living in the future before 95% of you (you should be very jealous). 

Here's what happened this week! 
New Year's Eve 
Transfer call 
Princess!! 
Volleyball bad 
New comp! 

We started off the new year by going to bed even earlier than normal...10pm! And it was delightful, although maybe not as exciting as fireworks or staying up. Next year! 

Kristen and Sister Taylor


District lunch Monday before transfers


We had our transfer call Wednesday night, where we all hop onto a huge zoom call and everyone finds out their transfer news altogether. Sister Templeman is up in Darwin now, Sister Ulukau is still here with her new companion, Sister Woodbury, and Sister Taylor went down to Mt. Gambier. There is lots of screaming and gasps and giggles as we all find out our fate one by one. 

Princess is the golden referral. Remember how I said we talked about baptism last week after church? Well, we went over for our lesson this week and she brought it back up. So, Princess is locked and getting baptized on February 2πŸ’ͺ🌊🀩 

PLEASE PRAY FOR HER, she's so prepared. Shoutout to her friend in Ghana who recommended the church πŸ’— 

My noggin has suffered some trauma on the mission, and apparently that is continuing. I was playing volleyball like usual on Friday night when a ball got absolutely spiked into my head. I've never been so grateful for the wide surface area of my big forehead because even though it was a pretty direct hit, had the ball hit any lower, it probably would've broken my glasses and given me a bloody nose. 

Everyone was so worried and made sure I was okay, but clearly they don't know how hardheaded I am🀭 And of course I kept playing right after, I was just mildly woozy. But that won't stop me😏 

Since Sister Taylor shipped off to Mt. Gambier, I got paired up with Sister Coleman! She actually served with my MTC comp for a little while (I luv u Sis Foote), she's from Missouri, and goes home in just a few transfers! So far, we're getting along pretty well and I'm excited to see what we can do together! 

Since we're starting in Doctrine and Covenants this year for Come, Follow Me, I wanted to share something cool someone said in Sunday School yesterday. 

Each chapter of D&C is an answer to prayer, moreover, an answer to someone's question. That's 138 answers to prayer! We might look at that and say, great, I wish my answers were written and itemized with footnotes too! But the Lord doesn't cease to speak to us. 

We receive answers via many Heavenly sources, and they're not always given directly and in our face because a) the Spirit speaks to all of us differently and b) the Lord knows and trusts that we can figure out what exactly He's trying to say. 

As frustrating as that may be when we aren't seeing or understanding the answers we receive, we have to continue believing that we will receive those answers! Pray to see them when they come, and He will make it known in a way that is unmistakable. I love you all so much, and hope you had a happy new year. I go home in 2025 which is crazy!! Have a great week!!