So I took Amy and Misha to the dentist yesterday. Misha's teeth are now spit spot clean for another 6 months. Amy's too, but sadly, she'll be making another visit back to the dentist. The hygienist took x-rays of Amy's teeth and then began to clean them. She noticed a dark spot on Amy's tooth and in the x-ray. AND THEN, proceeded to go off about Amy having a cavity. The first words out of Amy's mouth were, "Will I have to have a shot?" Laura, the hygienist, said, "Well probably, but it will make it so that it won't hurt." All Amy heard was, " Well probably, blah blah blah." She will worry about that stupid shot now for the next month!
So I say to Laura before she goes any further, "It would be better not to talk about shots with Amy." And what does she do? Keeps on talking and talking and talking. Shut up already!!!!!!!because when I say worry, I mean, she will literally worry herself sick. We were saved by the doctor coming in at that point, and he is a little more sensitive to kid's fears and downplays any talk about shots. Besides she's had cavities filled before and would rather have that pain than the shot, and he knows that. I am going to see if I can get the girls in to a different hygienist for their next visit. Blimey (and I don't know why that word just popped in to my head, but writing this made me mad all over again!)