Thursday, December 6, 2007

The cute things they say

Kristen is girly girl to the core. Amazing how they're born that way--Amy too. That gene skipped Misha when it comes to her favorite interests. She loves to look cute and pretty but when it comes to her toys and activities she's a tomboy through and through.

This morning Kristen was engrossed in Polly Pockets and dressing and undressing them. The clothes were a little challenging to pull off and on, so every so often she came to find me and requested, "Mom, help me?" Her Polly Pocket was now perfectly attired and she walked away expressing the cutest little, "Woohoo" as she goes. (Those are Amy's Polly Pockets, but I might have hit on the perfect motivational tool for the whole potty training gig.)



The other night, Kristen picked up two of my coasters and stuck them on her head, "I Mitty". That translates to "I'm Mickey (Mouse)". I wonder sometimes where they come up with these things. Like the word "boo boo". We never say that to our kids, and yet she has started saying it. I think it comes from Nursery at church. The picture is kind of fuzzy because I couldn't get her to hold still long enough for me to get a good picture. You get the idea though.



I always know when my girls are growing because they go to bed complaining of pains in their legs. The pains usually last for a couple of nights and then their pants are no longer long enough. The other night as Misha was groaning in bed, I said to her, "Would you stop growing! Now I'm going to have to buy you new pants." She innocently replied, "Just for one leg, Mom."

Misha is notorious for being slow at our house. Slow to eat, slow to get dressed, slow to do homework. In my attempts to motivate her, she was working on her spelling words yesterday and finished rather speedily. She then said to me, "That was quick huh? I should do that every day instead of laying around whining!" I looked at her as though she had sprouted horns, surprised beyond belief. "Well, yes, you should."

And Amy. We went to visit our friends Jamie and Jeremy last night. Amy LOVES Jamie and her style. As we were driving home last night, I asked a very loaded question, "Who do you want to be like when you grow up?" Granted, it wasn't a fair question to ask, because I know Amy's answer. Misha said, "You, Mom." Amy took a couple of seconds because she's getting smarter and knows that her answer is going to matter. "Both of you." Good answer. Thanks Jamie and Jeremy. My girls had a great time.