I love Christmas! I love the planning, the wrapping, the giving, the friends, the parties, and the excitement of my children as they anticipate what Santa might bring to them. Amy makes sure that Santa is fed as well as his reindeer and hopes to either catch a glimpse of them or at least hear the jingle of the bells. She swears she heard the bells last year, so maybe this year she got to see him.
I remember Christmas Eve as an exciting though sleepless time when I was younger. I'm quite surprised that my children sleep as well as they do. I got up around 3:30 to check on the girls, and it also happened to be that our newspaper was delivered then as well. As I walked in to Amy and Misha's room, Amy was peaking out the window, "It was only a truck." Bummer. "Go back to sleep." I whispered as Misha slept on. The joy of being a child.....
The fun begins in about 15 minutes. Merry Christmas everyone.