Sunday, December 2, 2007

Uh Oh, We're Busted!

Yesterday Chris "invited" Amy to help him in the yard to do some Winter cleanup. (Misha was at a friend's house, so she missed out.) Amy was lucky enough to help remove the pads from the patio chairs and the trampoline. When she first went outside, she left the back door open. As I was closing it, I could hear her mumbling, "I don't want to do this. I don't want to do this." It teaches them character right? I was busy inside the house decorating the Christmas tree. That's another story in itself. It goes kind of like this. "Mom, can we decorate the Christmas tree? Please? Please?" I finally pull everything out and the girls are content after they pull all of the boxes out of storage and open them. Then they're done.

But, back to Amy and Chris outside. I could no longer see or hear them in the back yard, so I walk out through the garage and to my shock I find this:!!!!!!



Chris' first words were, "Uh oh, we're busted." They're all smiles and not feeling the least bit remorseful up there hanging Christmas lights. My mother worry instincts jump into overdrive. Chris explains that she needs to experience the same kind of childhood that he had. What!! You lived in a one story house for Pete's sake! So thanks, Larry Ball (Chris' Stepdad) for giving me a heart attack. I came back out once to get a picture and again to ask if he could tie her on to the roof or something. The roof is sticky he says, "She's not going anywhere." Great now I feel better. I returned to decorating, seriously listening for some hefty "thump, thump, thumps" overhead.