So, this wasn't really a vacation for Chris. It was the end of his fiscal year and he had people to see in Utah. The girls and I set out to have fun. First stop, Cabela's. Okay, so seeing the fish only takes about three minutes, five if the fish are really intriguing. We didn't spend much time at Cabela's as we planned to meet Susan, Carson and their younger kids as well as my sister-in-law, Donna, and her four kids at Discovery Gateway (a Children's Museum) in downtown Salt Lake City. Fortunately, I looked at the location of the museum on Google maps before I left, because the GPS never recognized the address I put in. Anyone want a GPS?
We parked and tried to figure out where to go but ended up asking a Dick's employee. We located the food court, ate a quick lunch and met up with the others at the museum around 1:30. Thanks again to our Denver Museum of Nature and Science membership. FREE! We spent the next three hours with kids running here and there and trying not to get trampled by little kids pushing mini grocery carts.
Cousins:
We left downtown around 4:30 in order to make it back to my brother's house by 5:15 and from there to our friends' home in Spanish Fork by 6 pm. I'm pretty sure we arrived a little late. Brett and Deni, thanks for hosting a fun evening and inviting Fenns. We had a wonderful time.
The only complaint as we arrived back at my brothers was that neither Amy nor Misha wanted to sleep with Kristen because she snored. I think she must have had some allergies because she was stuffy the entire time we were in Utah...and she snored. So Chris and she scouted out a new place to put her mattress--under the stairs in her own cool bedroom. She was happy with that and dreamily snored away for the next couple of nights. Amy and Misha didn't complain anymore, at least not about her snoring.