Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Break-Day Two

We opted to attend my brother, Dallin's, ward at 11:00 am on Sunday morning. It turned out to be quite a neat day. My brother, Brad, attended along with my parents. At the beginning of the meeting it was announced that their ward was going to be split. Dallin was called as the 2nd counselor of the new Bishopric. He had only known since earlier that morning about the calling. The fact that we were there, along with my parents, was purely coincidental, but not, as I pondered on the prompting Chris and I had felt to come to Utah for Spring Break.

We had originally planned to only attend Sacrament meeting and then go to Shane and Rochelle Allred's for lunch. We still went for lunch, but called to postpone a little as we were able to be present for the setting apart of this new bishopric. My youngest brother, Mitch, who attends a singles ward in the same building, had no idea about Dallin's new calling as he stopped to visit with us as Sacrament meeting was over. It was pretty neat to have Chris, my dad, and two of my brothers helping to set Dallin apart.

We enjoyed a delightful afternoon at the Allreds. Before arriving, our girls weren't sure they remembered the Allred kids, but quickly got over any shyness to play and have fun. Isn't that an amazing quality about kids? They make friends, renew friendships, and show kindness so easily. Chris and I enjoyed a great afternoon talking and laughing with Shane and Rochelle. Perhaps someday we'll see them moving back to Colorado.

From the Allreds, we headed back up the hill to Dallin and Donna's for another family dinner. They had recently moved to their new home and it was the first opportunity for us to visit. Such an amazing view. The traffic at Traverse Mountain might be horrendous, but the views can certainly be breathtaking. And getting together with family is always wonderful for laughs and reminiscing.

My four brothers, youngest to oldest:





As I am busily taking pictures, I snapped this one of Shane in this lovely sweater. He then remarked something to the effect, "Shoot, I forgot about your blog." If you want to explain about the sweater, Shane, you can leave a comment.





My parents: