Chris and I try to regularly take our girls on dates. I suppose we concentrate on time with Dad a little more than me since he travels. The girls love the opportunity to spend time with their dad and often argue over whose month it is to go.
I suppose it wasn't a true date since the rest of us tagged along, but Misha had a blast regardless. She and Chris scheduled a time on President's Day to use a Flight Simulator coupon. The business happened to be located in the Colorado Mills mall in Golden (so you can understand why the rest of us went too). We arrived at Aviation Xtreme as other people were finishing up their time. Since they wanted a hard copy of the groupon, Chris got on their computer to print it out. With brief instructions, they each climbed in to their respective simulators and donned head phones.
Amy, Kristen, and I left them to their flying and headed out to explore. I think Kristen had formulated a plan in her mind previous to arriving at the mall, and when she spied Build-A-Bear, she took off. She used all of her birthday money and traded me some gift cards in order to purchase Cindy along with a dress and shoes. Oh the excitement. The lady filling her bear was a little kooky, but I suppose to a six-year old, it didn't really matter. In fact, Amy and I were both standing right there and the employee kept talking to Amy as though she was in charge. Kind of bugged. Amy may be as tall as me, but she definitely doesn't look like an adult. I digress.
Once the bear was stuffed, Kristen and Amy headed over to the primping station to comb and fluff. Amy was into this as well, so I just stood back and let the two of them go.
As we were finishing up, Misha and Chris found us. Misha was all smiles. Apparently she trounced Chris. He said he was going easy on her to begin with and even when he started "trying", Misha beat him. Go Misha!
We ate lunch in the food court (late since we had breakfast at 10 am) and then walked around the mall. I have tried to be on a buying moratorium this month, so we just passed by a lot of stuff that we didn't really need.