Back in October or November, Amy came home and announced that she wanted to audition for the Middle School Honor Choir. It just so happened that she was sick the week of auditions and missed the ones at her school. Her last chance for auditioning was at the middle school in Erie. She was still sick but being the great mom that I am, I drove her over just so she could do her five-minute audition. Since she was sick, she wasn't terribly hopeful that anything positive would come of it, but was later delighted that she had been selected for the honor choir.
The kids had been working with their Music Directors at school (and supposedly on their own as well) to learn the music. On Thursday, February 3rd, they had the entire day away from their classes to rehearse and work on their music together at Skyline High School. I had the great fortune of driving kids to the school in the morning and then picking them up in the afternoon again AND then returning once again for the performance in the evening with Amy and Kristen. (Hooray for iPads that keep little girls occupied while waiting for things to start.)
Fortunately the program wasn't too long as I was worried about the snow storm that was predicted to start. The kids did a great job. The boys sang a few songs on their own, the girls then followed up with a few on their own, and then they combined for three songs at the end.