I am thankful for prayers, more specifically answers to prayers. Last month I received a call from the transportation people in our school district informing me that Misha's temporary bus driver wasn't able to get the kids to school on time and needed to pick them up ten minutes earlier. Normally not such a big deal, and I'm all for kids being to school on time, but the time was moving from 6:40 am to 6:30 am and more than an hour on the bus. I thought it was just wrong to have the kids leaving for school at such an early hour to spend an hour on the bus. However, I realized that the transportation people were doing their best to meet peoples' needs. Not everyone was going to be happy, and in this case, I wasn't.
I walked a half mile with Misha to the bus stop leaving the house at 6:32. Now the transportation people's bus changes meant we would have to leave at 6:22 AM! We walked with a flash light because it was too dark some mornings to see. Call me overprotective or a helicopter parent, but I am NOT going to let me daughter walk to the bus stop in the dark and wait by the side of the road for any crazy to come along and grab her.
After receiving the call, I prayed throughout the day and hoped for a change, but realized that it might not happen. So the next morning Misha and I were at the bus stop at 6:30--the prescribed ten minutes early. The bus didn't arrive until 6:37. I was not happy at all and planned to keep track of the pick up time for a few days before calling the transportation office back.
To my amazement, and with gratitude for an answer to prayer, I received a call back from Joe at the transportation office. He called to inform me that they were switching Misha to another bus that would pick her up at 6:50. Yay! Prayers are answered.