Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful Day 27 - Fingerprints

Happy Thanksgiving Day my family and friends.

Perhaps you noticed a theme throughout the month with my posts.  If not, this might help, "...QRSTUVWXYZ  Next time won't you sing with me." And now, I'll get back to random thoughts of gratitude.

You know that feeling you get when the messes never seem to end? You pick up after your children, and they follow right behind creating mayhem in their wake.  Yeah, even when they get older they still make messes.

Way back in 2006 Kristen was just a year old and beginning to master her mess-making abilities.  I had just finished cleaning the sidelights by the front door.  I put the cleaners away, and when I returned I saw this. 


I had an epiphany.  The messes wouldn't last forever.  And one day there would be no more girl messes to clean up.  When you're in the middle of the messes, you might scoop the hair from your eyes and think, "That would be delightful."  It was one of those moments when I was taught a lesson, and it was mine to appreciate or overlook.  I chose to appreciate the moment I was in and not wish away three childhoods in hopes of "easier" days.  I've really only got these little ones for a short time...